Pages

Sunday 10 July 2016

Famous Landmarks in New Zealand

Famous Land Marks in New Zealand

1. Sky tower 
You may have heard of it. It is located in Auckland, New Zealand. It was originally opened in 1997 this took about 3 years to build which is quite a long time.  

In my opinion I think it is famous for the most tourist attractions because in fact it has quite a lot of people that come in one day. You could bungee jump, sky walk and many more.

2.  Auckland Harbour Bridge 
I'm sure you have went over the bridge at least once. Well the harbour bridge is located in Auckland. It was opened in 1959 and is 1,020 meters length wise. 

I think that Auckland Harbour Bridge is famous for tourist attractions like the same as the sky tower. It is also famous for being used as state highway 1.

3.  Waiheke Island 
Waiheke Island is and Island in New Zealand in fact it has been recently voted for the worlds best Islands.  The original Moari name for Waiheke Island is Te-Motu- arai- roa . 

It is famous for the , second largest Island in the gulf after Great Barrier Island.  

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mia, I never knew that Waiheke Island is the second largest island in the gulf after the Great Barrier Reef. I have been over the Harbour Bridge and I also have been in the Sky Tower when I was younger. I know someone in family who bungee jumped off the sky tower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mia,

    I totally have to agree with Aj. I never knew those facts until now. I have always wanted to go bunjy jumping off the sky tower but I'm afraid of heights. WOW! I really under stood what you wrote because it was clear and you wrote it in your own words. Great Work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mia!

    I completely agree with AJ and Nesi - this is a great post. You clearly did a lot of research and then sat down and wrote the post in your own words. Awesome job!

    After reading your post, I really want to visit Waiheke Island. I had no idea that it was the second largest island in the gulf after Great Barrier Island. What an interesting fact!

    Keep up the great work, Mia. You (and many of your classmates) are setting a wonderful example for other schools to follow!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete