Pages

Saturday 26 November 2016

Athletics Day


Today was the Panmure Bridge Athletics Day. We first were split into 3 teams for the Year 7 competition . The Year 8's had 3 teams as well and were battling it out to see who could win.   Since I was the captain for the year 7 team I had to show leadership by encouraging my fellow teammates, helping each other and leading by example. Our first activity we played was Basketball shoots this activity , we first had to try and shoot as many shots in as we can but we obviously had to get it in. Our total score for my team was 14. I thought we could have done better but it didn't stop us from going. We then moved onto a fun game called Rob the Nest. There were objects lying on the floor you then had a basket you had to pick the object up one at a time when the floor was all cleared you could steal one object from a team if you grabbed more than two you would be cheating. I thought this was fun but sadly we lost and came second again. Now we played Sponge relays. This was the most fun of all because you first had to zig - zag through the cones then grab the sponge jump over the two obstacles soak the sponge in the water jump over the 2 obstacles then squeeze the water out into the bucket the team with the most would win.  We displayed a lot of team spirit in this activity. I enjoyed this very much I can't wait for next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment