Pages

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Reading Challenges

Our reading focus for the past two weeks was challenges. It had a mixture of comprehension and retelling. We got to work collaboratively with our groups. Our first challenge we faced was to read a story and retell it in 25 words. I thought this was hard because we only had a limited amount of words to write. Our next challenge that we had to finish was to fill in the blank we had to understand the text first then e had to fill it in with words. I thought this was just as hard as the first one because we didn't know what words matched the type of story. We got another challenge which was to fill in the blank again. Our learning intention was to follow instructions and making sure we had to read for meaning and understanding. This also helped us to skim( fast read of whole text / page )  and scan ( hover over the info to read in more detail).  I really enjoyed this activity I hope to get more of these so it gets me thinking and helps me with my reading skills. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mia,
    I really enjoyed this reading challenge too. I really liked it how Mrs Anderson didn't need to talk to us. I think this really helped us prepare for the star test. I also noticed some mistakes in your description.

    ReplyDelete