Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2016

Writing an Orientation

It was early in the morning and I was having a lovely sleep until “SPLASH!”  My cat Ginger suddenly jumped inside the fish tank trying to eat my fish Bubbles and his friend Gary. I quickly got up and tried to take him out but he was trying to eat Bubbles. “OUCH!”  I yelled as Ginger  bit me so hard my hand had little teeth marks near my fingers. He went under but I knew he wouldn’t last. MEOW! He was trying to bite bubbles but missed . I took Ginger out of the fish tank I immediately got a  towel and put it over him.


In writing we worked on our orientation I made an orientation starting with the setting for example "As the sunset it was early in the morning". I used a picture prompt which has a cat in the fish tank. I learnt that in the start of the story you can use a hook, the setting, dialogue and action.


No comments:

Post a Comment