Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2016

True Friends Speech

Do you have a true friend that will accept you for who you are, doesn’t judge the way you  look, act or even your popularity level? Well if you have a friend that argues with you every single day they are a waste of your valuable time. Good Afternoon, as most of you know, My name is Mia. Today I will be discussing the importance of friends.

What should you look for in a friend?
In a friend you should look for someone who is honest. As Benjamin Franklin said, honesty is the best policy. You would also want them to be really kind because a true friend wouldn’t be mean to you. In my opinion, I would want a friend who is really entertaining and super active.

So remember that a bit of honesty, entertainment and being active is some of the most important things to look for in a friend.

How should you treat your friends?
As most people say, treat someone the way you want to be treated. You wouldn’t want someone to be arrogant to you simply because you’re arrogant to them.  For example if I acted harsh to somebody they wouldn’t want to be my friend.

Why friends are important?
Friends are important and valuable because they are always there for you when you are going through a very hard time, they keep you occupied and they make you feel special. Friends can also give you really good advice in  situations you need help in. They will bring you up when you're down. If you don’t have a friend who would you have a shoulder to cry on or who will stick up for you when you need someone.

Now do you understand the meaning of friendship and why it is so precious? Well keep that question in mind because one day you'll think about it and you will say wow what is friendship.



Today we used presented our speech today. I presented it to a small group of people since we have a big classroom. In my group I had Tiare,Jasmine,Gozan and Shannon. The system we used was judging other people on a rubric my group judged me on expression, loud clear voice, eye contact and knowledge of the speech. Then after we had to pick the person who was the best. I sadly didn't get but I am aiming to get it next year. My speech was about "True Friends" . I thought I did pretty good but I had to talk more slowly because I noticed that when I get nervous I talk really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment